VP of Finance
Position Overview - Remote in US
Reporting to the CEO, and working with managers and staff throughout the company, the VP, Finance oversees all financial activities of the Organization and its related entities. Responsible for all financial reporting, the VP, Finance develops and implements accounting policies, systems and procedures in order to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to the CEO and managers, and other organizations as required.
- Oversee day to day bookkeeping and bank reconciliation activities.
- Owns accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for presentation to executive management, investors and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly income statements and balance sheets for the individual entities and on a consolidated basis.
- Oversee payroll processing for Australia and the US and ensure adherence to due dates, expense management and variable income payments.
- Own and develop tracking, reporting and continuous improvement of SaaS unit economics and key performance indicators (KPIs) working cross-functionally across the company.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI
- Research, analyze and recommend sources of capital as required.
- Ensure available funds and company plans are aligned while providing recommendations.
- Liaise with, and coordinate the work of, external accountants with tax preparation in both Australia and the United States.
- Work with partners in the identification and preparation of grant applications to support growth in both Australia and the US.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Own, review and administer all company insurance needs for entities in Australia and the US.
- Maintain shareholder cap table
- Experience with B2B SaaS and a keen understanding of unit economics in the SaaS industry
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience in growing and creating and leading a team of finance professionals.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets.
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to "craft the story" for a cross functional audience.