Visual Designer (Web and Mobile applications)
We are looking for a Visual Designer to join the User Experience Team to work on our responsive website and mobile applications.
• Participate in concept development, design iteration, and detailed specification of visual designs for user interfaces of interactive applications.
• Create visual designs and user interface designs that address business, brand, market and user requirements, including design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and interface elements.
• Simultaneously deliver designs for multiple responsive web and native mobile projects.
• Lead execution and production of existing concepts to provide complete deliverables, creating style/brand guides and templates where applicable.
• Ensure quality, creating standards and preparing deliverables for handoff to developers.
• Create layouts by exploring appropriate design principles such as color, typography, and photographic selection for the brands, organizing elements and usability.
• Interpret and translate wireframes into tangible and compelling experiences that clarify the visual hierarchy across the entire view and across multiple views
• Ensure visual standards and quality by leveraging and contributing to a visual design system
• Work collaboratively with interaction designers, product managers, developers, content team, and other designers to refine the solutions.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent portfolio showcasing design artifacts for desktop and mobile devices; candidate will be required to show a few projects from conception to completion, talk through their process, and the role they played
• Knowledge of design principles, including hierarchy, balance, color theory, typography, etc.
• Strong communication and presentation skills that clarify the visual hierarchy across the entire view and across multiple views
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with a team and independently and able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
• Proficiency in graphic design tools (i.e. Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop etc.)
• Minimum two years experience working on user interfaces for websites and mobile applications
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience working on an agile team
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
BA/BFA in Fine Arts, Visual Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, or a related field