Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. Our dream is to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
We are driven by helping customers make great, previously unmake-able parts. We craft experiences from the virtual through to the physical, from preparing a print to cleaning the part in a washer.
For this role, we're looking for a strong designer who wants to work with our product management and software engineering teams to understand our customers, lead us through possible solutions, and then hop into the trenches to make sure the pixels, and details of the product are right. You love to look at usage data, and feel comfortable using many user testing methodologies. We also expect you’re good at using the right tool for the job: a whiteboard and marker, pencil and paper, Sketch file or our shared components style guide.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Service, Product Management and Engineering partners.
- Facilitate design discussions, give feedback, and share results of customer research and usage.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership (product management and software engineering) to define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product.
- Design flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for features.
- Define, craft and evolve designs within a shared design language and actively share knowledge on how to utilize the design system.
- Work closely with Software Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in a UX design role.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with product management and software engineering.
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.
- A portfolio showcasing excellent design process and skills including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and interaction design.
- An interest in 3d printing, and computer-aided design (CAD) or working on the software for a hardware product is preferred.