UX Architect - B2B Software Firm
The User Experience Architect will play a key role in identifying and solving practical usability problems via thoughtful interaction design/information architecture. This requires the application of user-centered design principles to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into an intuitive user experience. This role will drive all aspects of interaction design, including assessing user needs via interviews and focus groups, developing workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, low-medium fidelity prototypes, and navigational flows.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The User Experience Architect will work closely with the Product Management and Development teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with product management to align the UX strategy with customer needs.
· Assess user needs via observation, interviews, focus groups, surveys, and synthesize into actionable outcomes.
· Create wireframes and workflow designs as static designs or simple HTML prototypes.
· Create annotated wireframes as needed for Development team to use as a guide.
· Review feature implementation to ensure user experience is ideal.
· Actively participate in all phases of product development process through close collaboration with Product Management, Development, including requirements reviews, sprint planning, user story writing of UI requirements, and quality testing and assurance of the final product.
· Gather user feedback to test new designs (prior to development) and gain insights to further improve usability.
· Ensure successful execution of product designs by consulting in all phases of the project lifecycle, including testing support (UAT) and pilot roll-outs.
· Maintain awareness of latest web standards and web technologies.
o Realistic balance of maintaining the tenets of UCD while still delivering in a timely fashion to ensure fast-paced forward progress.
o Communicate effectively with various levels of leadership and project teams and provide regular progress updates.
· Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology or similar; OR equivalent work experience in a UX role.
· 4+ years of interaction design experience for SaaS Enterprise or B2B software.
· Excellent working knowledge of prototyping tool such as Balsamiq or Axure and working knowledge of HTML, CSS.
· Experience working in Agile development environment.
· Proficient in other Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability and willingness work in the Chicago office and be available for meetings with office locations and customers in different time zones (U.S., New Zealand).
· 2+ years of experience conducting usability testing and employing UX research methodologies.
· Must be able to make design decisions by balancing UCD principles and methodologies and delivering to maintain timely forward progress.
· Strong work ethic, well-organized, ability to work independently to meet deadlines and deal efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility to navigate ambiguity and effectively manage changing priorities.
· Self-motivated and proactive in finding information needed to achieve success.
· Team player with leadership qualities; Results-oriented, quality-driven, detail-focused.
· Visual design experience is a plus.
· Local and out-of-town travel will be required; approximately 20%.
· Travel may be international (would require extended stay).
· Past work samples will be required to demonstrate translation of usability needs into consumable deliverables during interview process.