Staff Accountant/Tax Preparer
We pride ourselves on being more than mere recorders of financial and tax information. We take a proactive role in guiding our clients to attain their financial goals and are particularly sensitive to the needs of closely held businesses and their owners. We carefully consider the importance of the business and tax ramifications of management’s decisions at both the business and owner levels prior to decisions being finalized.
Our team offers large firm capabilities combined with the personalized attention of a boutique firm, so all of our clients receive direct partner involvement, to whatever degree their companies require. Though we maintain our independence, we operate in close collaboration with our clients’ management teams, providing the objective insights and disciplined approach that help businesses grow and prosper.
CPA firm located in Warner Center area of the San Fernando Valley is searching for staff accountant/tax preparer with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- CPA, CPA candidate or EA with minimum of two years of experience in public accounting
- Ability to work primarily independently
- Prepare individual and business (C-corp., S-corp. and Partnership, Trust) tax returns
- Ability to do tax research helpful
- Review, research and respond to notices from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Experience with preparation of GAAP basis financial statements
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and related year-end payroll reporting
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns
- Prepare bookkeeping from client provided documentation
- Ability to analyze client prepared bookkeeping and adjust as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with QuickBooks, CFS, Excel and Word
Experience with Lacerte tax software preferred
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).