Sr. Project Manager
Senior Project Manager |
Location: IL, MI, KS, MO, MA, NY, TX, GA, PA
The Project Manager is a consultative resource responsible for managing all aspects of new client implementations on the ecommerce platform in addition to the integration of projects for existing clients, as needed. This includes coordinating both client and cross-functional operational teams to support all aspects of setup, design and development. This position will serve as the main point of contact during the implementation. The Project Manager coordinates and prioritizes integration and development tasks, manages timelines, maintains project plans and communicates status to clients and internal stakeholders to ensure a successful and seamless onboarding project.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Responsible for the overall planning, execution, control and completion of assigned onboarding projects.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that clients’ expectations are in-line with project scope.
• Conduct requirement gathering meetings with stakeholders, business users and technical organization (development) to capture the technical and functional requirements and use cases. Confidently convey best practices to clients throughout this process.
• Prepare detailed solution specification documents to communicate the functional and technical requirements.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert on e-commerce domain, answering questions from within the team as well as other team members.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and deliverables, Project Plan, Staff Plan, Financial Management Plan and Risk and Issue Management Plan.
• Establish and maintain a cadence of project meetings and status reporting.
• Actively monitor client projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward. Report and escalate issues as needed.
• Develop basic change management plans in partnership with the business partnering team and working with internal communications experts on change materials.
• Successfully manage the relationship with the client, internal and external teams, and all stakeholders.
• Work independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 5+ years’ relevant ecommerce, marketing, or other software project management experience.
• Ability to learn and provide product SME advisement to clients; become a product expert over time.
• Demonstrated, hands-on experience performing formal project management of projects, establishing scope, creating project artifacts, developing detailed project plans, independently leading from initiation through closing, managing issues and risk, establishing and maintaining communication cadence.
• Understanding of the role of change management.
• Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and a blend of both methodologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence and challenge to drive clarity around issues and needs.
• PMP preferred, or other relevant certification / experience accepted.
• Experience with industry standard project and product management tools.
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).