Sr. Data Architect
A global engineering company located in the loop is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join the team. This person will provide knowledge to their clients, working independently performing complex work in the designing, developing, configuring, testing, implementing and maintaining software and/or web applications and systems. You will also be leading projects of medium to large scope.
- 5 years of professional experience as a web application developer or database developer or in lieu of degree, a minimum of 9 years professional experience as a web application developer
- Understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and web security
- Knowledge of best practices in data architecture and big data analytics
- Expertise in database development (SQL Server and/or Oracle) and stored procedures/logic supporting web-based enterprise applications
- Experience working with NoSQL data models including document, graph, key-value, and columnar
- Exposure to agile, iterative development as well as requirements gathering
- Expertise in database development, modeling and stored procedures/logic
- Knowledge of best practices in database design, big data management and IoT data streams
- Experience with cloud-based data management solutions and architecture; specifically, AWS and Hadoop
- Database application development or scripting using languages such as R, Python, Scala, SAS, Pig, Hive, and Java
- Experience in developing and configuring open data web solutions, platforms such as Esri ODP/ArcGIS Hub, CKAN, Socrata or others
- Scrum methodology experience and agile development practices
- Exposure to requirements analysis/gathering and applying techniques to respond to documented requirements
- Previous experience working in or with the public sector.
Permanent residence only.