Sr. Cybersecurity Technical Analyst / CyberSecurity Manager
Sr. CyberSecurity Technical Analyst / CyberSecurity Manager
We are currently seeking a Sr. Cybersecurity Technical Analyst within our Health Information Technology department. This position is located at our corporate office in Skokie with easy access to the CTA and METRA. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
This position requires sharing on-call incident and production support responsibilities with other members of the Cybersecurity function. At times, this role may participate in investigations or contribute to the resolution of production incidents during off hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
In this role, you will:
- Implement and maintain our client's Cybersecurity program.
- Manage a team of professionals, acting as a coach to help develop and mentor the team on Cybersecurity and healthcare industry practices.
- Create, address, and maintain project plans and service requests, while delivering to project deadlines.
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments and offer mitigation strategies.
- Prepare department-level presentations to communicate security maturity and risk.
- Work with Health Information Technology, Privacy, Operations, Compliance, Audit, Risk, and Learning & Development teams to help raise security awareness.
- Support business operations while improving security controls, with a focus on automation and continuous monitoring.
- Conduct Security Committee meetings as assigned.
- Contribute to the annual, enterprise HIPAA security assessment.
- Make recommendations to enhance the annual Security Plan.
- Make recommendations for policy changes pertaining to Information Security as business needs change and applications are enhanced.
- Act as the Incident Response lead.
- Evaluate systems, applications, networks, and medical devices for vulnerabilities and to ensure proper security requirements are met.
- Research national and global security issues for emergency triage planning.
- Review contract agreements to ensure security needs are met.
- Complete appropriate security documentation to comply with policies and meet internal and external auditor’s expectations.
- Promote the goals, expectations, and policies of the department and organization.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of six (6) years of Information Security/Cybersecurity experience, with three (3) to five (5) years of technology management and project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A current CISSP, CISM, or equivalent security certification.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, and NIST CSF.
- Senior leader level presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of healthcare applications, trends and industry standards is a plus.