Sr Contracts Manager
Reporting to the Director, Contracts, the Sr Contracts Manager provides front line legal support to Sphera’s sales and services teams. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for supporting transactions for the sale and support of Sphera products and services. They
- Advise, draft and negotiate agreements and ordering documents for B2B information and web-based products and services, including data, software, SaaS, professional services, and consulting and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advise and work with business to draft, review, negotiate, and process a variety of agreements and ordering documents; typically manages requested changes of high frequency and/or high complexity.
- Assist with leading activities with Sales, Services and Legal team management
- Gain familiarity with contract processes and procedures and works to find ways to improve those processes and procedures.
- Initiate and execute special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- 7-10 years of experience drafting complex commercial agreements and negotiating complex software or SaaS deals.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests for support and to manage turnaround expectations.
- Prior in-house contract experience preferred.
- Paralegal or other credentials are desirable, but not required.
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without accommodations.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required.