ServiceNow Configuration Toolset Admin
About the Role
The ServiceNow Configuration Toolset Administrator contributes to defining and managing the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, required and optional attributes, and relationships. This role is responsible for configuration changes to base forms and lists, assisting with maintaining records and CIs (within scope) in the CMDB, and developing and scheduling reports to the Reporting Console.
- Administers the CMDB process within the organization, working closely with other process leads to ensure that Asset specific information can be gathered and disseminated using efficient and consistently followed processes.
- Provides application support for the configuration, customization, and administration of the ServiceNow CMDB.
- Assists IT personnel in performing ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping processes and troubleshooting the errors that arise and configures and maintains reconciliation, normalization, administers CMDB, and establishes integrations with data sources as needed.
- Works with IT staff to configure the Service Mapping tool and load data/dependencies identified by Service Mapping into the CMDB, assist the IT staff in the integration/ field mapping and reconciliation of data from ServiceNow Discovery, Service Mapping, SCCM, SolarWinds, and ad hoc loads in the configuration management module.
- Works on deploying core functionality in an out-of-the-box ServiceNow CMDB system, assist in any way with implementing ServiceNow CMDB technology and architectural concepts.
- Provides extensive knowledge of asset management, configuration management, and change management processes.
- Performs change reconciliations for data in the CMDB and assists with tasks related to implementing the ServiceNow application in the IT environment.
- Works with key stakeholders in documenting procedures for the discovery, configuration, and change management functions and assist in developing, modifying, and configuring reports, dashboards, and outputs associated with the change, configuration, discovery, and mapping functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience is required.
- 3+ years of ITSM tool experience. ServiceNow experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field strongly desired.
- Familiar with hardware and software technologies and how to map that to a CI data classification model with attributes.
- Familiar with methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, and thought leadership to support the Configuration Management practice.
- Use of IT Service Management tools and techniques related to tracking, documenting, and reporting operational performance.
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of the need to protect information to prevent security breaches.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer focus skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with others easily.
- ITIL v3 Service Transition, ITIL v4 Foundation Certification or higher is preferred.
Who We Are
For over 20 years, we’ve worked with customers from Fortune 100 companies to Government organizations. What we have learned through this experience is that our customers appreciate our innovative solutions, adaptable services model, and our collaborative approach. We offer a wide range of services and have a broad base of capabilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Digital Transformation
- IT Service Desk/End User Support
- Configuration Management
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- Site Support Services
- Project Management
Why Join Us?
We offer a positive and supportive working environment, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability, along with six paid holidays, paid time off, and more.