ServiceNow Configuration Manager
About the Role
The ServiceNow Configuration Manager is responsible for overseeing configuration changes made to all applications and infrastructure within the IT environment and the updates to their corresponding records in the CMDB. This role takes full responsibility for administrative activities related to systems and ensures that optimum performance and availability essential to business operations are maintained.
- Leads the Configuration Management team and their activities in accordance with the processes defined by the organization, implement and update the Configuration Management Plan.
- Ensures that accurate and reliable information about the configuration of services is available when and where it is needed.
- Provides input into other ITIL practices such as Change Management activity when required.
- Ensures that the relationships between CI’s are documented correctly and understood clearly by other ITIL practice areas when troubleshooting and planning changes to CI’s. When identifying new CI’s to be added to the CMDB understand business requirements to determine what should be stored in the CMDB.
- Balances the effort, time, and cost needed to collect, maintain and store CI information against the value achieved from the information when planning Configuration Management needs.
- Verifies that configuration records are correct via audit or reviews. When discrepancies in data are found between the CMDB, discovery information, other repositories, and physical CI’s coordinate with Technical Service Owners to correct the issues.
- Ensures that teams interacting with CI information are following the proper process for the additions, modification, and removal of configuration items in the real world and in the CMDB.
- Identify gaps in processes, tools, and services related to Configuration Management and initiate improvements in those areas if appropriate.
- Applies change management techniques and methods to support the integration, adoption, and utilization of technology resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience is required.
- 3+ years of ITSM tool experience. ServiceNow experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and/or a technology-focused MBA or comparable experience.
- Experience in technical architecture design is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and skills associated with Configuration Management in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading, and modifying systems; including planning and coordinating schedules for deployment or change.
- Experience managing critical systems, devices, processes, and escalations that impact business operations strongly desired.
- Use of IT Service Management tools and techniques related to tracking, documenting, and reporting operational performance.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer focus skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with others easily.
- ITIL v3 Service Transition or higher such as ITIL 4 Foundation Certification.
Who We Are
For over 20 years, we’ve worked with customers from Fortune 100 companies to Government organizations. What we have learned through this experience is that our customers appreciate our innovative solutions, adaptable services model, and our collaborative approach. We offer a wide range of services and have a broad base of capabilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Digital Transformation
- IT Service Desk/End User Support
- Configuration Management
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- Site Support Services
- Project Management
Why Join Us?
We offer a positive and supportive working environment, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability, along with six paid holidays, paid time off, and more.