About the Role
The ServiceNow Configuration Management Architect provides architectural leadership and guidance to ServiceNow developers and administrators in the ITOM application as well as oversees, coordinates, and leads the implementation and maintenance of the central CMDB and its related infrastructure. This role also involves developing the logical and physical data models for the CMDB.
- Performs administrative and technical procedures for implementing changes, modifications, upgrades, additions, and deletions to systems components related to hardware, operating systems, applications, and software.
- Identifies, verifies, and architects the federation of data that will compromise the CMDB including external sources and development and management of architectural documentation.
- Monitors system activities and performance to determine the operational condition of systems, including utilization, capacity, transactions, load, traffic, errors, events, and alerts.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and diagnoses complex systems-related problems to determine priority, response, resolution, or escalation required related to impact on business operations.
- Plans and coordinates installations, modifications, upgrades with team members and business leaders to minimize downtime and maximize performance to the business.
- Performs systems testing to ensure systems configuration, changes, and conditions are in accordance with operating policy, standards, procedures, and revisions.
- Performs and administers backup and recovery systems, processes, and procedures to ensure systems applications, software, configurations, and data can be retrieved in the event of fault according to policy and standards of the business.
- Logs, tracks and ensures incidents, requests, and changes are handled according to agreed procedures and service levels, including supporting documentation.
- Applies change management techniques and methods to support the integration, adoption, and utilization of technology resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of server administration, maintenance, and support experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field strongly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of configuration management, service mapping, and data importing including understanding of the ServiceNow CMDB Physical and Logical data model design, including Class Hierarchy, Identification, Reconciliation Normalization, and Model Management.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading, and modifying systems; including planning and coordinating schedules for deployment or change.
- Experience with configuration management in virtualized, on-prem, and cloud-based platform-as-a-service environments is required.
- Experience managing critical systems, devices, processes, and escalations that impact business operations strongly desired.
- Use of IT Service Management tools and techniques related to tracking, documenting, and reporting operational performance.
- Experience with ITSM processes, familiarity with Enterprise Service Management on the ServiceNow platform, and integration (interfacing) of enterprise software systems.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer focus skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with others easily.
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification, ITIL v3 Foundation Certification or higher preferred.
Who We Are
For over 20 years, we’ve worked with customers from Fortune 100 companies to Government organizations. What we have learned through this experience is that our customers appreciate our innovative solutions, adaptable services model, and our collaborative approach. We offer a wide range of services and have a broad base of capabilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Digital Transformation
- IT Service Desk/End User Support
- Configuration Management
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- Site Support Services
- Project Management
Why Join Us?
We offer a positive and supportive working environment, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability, along with six paid holidays, paid time off, and more.