Senior Software Engineer
Based in our Cambridge office you will be part of the team building software applications to support BrightSign’s range of digital signage media players. This role will primarily be focussed on the development of our embedded ‘Supervisor’ code which configures and controls our hardware players via a web UI using Node.js. You will also contribute to our cloud services. BrightSign has tens of thousands of cloud-connected players, and we are embarking on a major initiative to grow to a million players, by designing around a scalable message-based architecture to deliver reports, alerts and logs. There is also an opportunity to work directly with customers on their applications.
- Developing and maintaining BrightSign’s ‘Supervisor’ software for use in embedded hardware
- Designing and building APIs to securely and efficiently interact with our cloud services
- Solving challenges across a wide range of customer-focused requirements
- Integrating with internal and external API components
- Collaborating in an agile environment, with an international team, involving stand-ups, code reviews, and test planning
- Experience of Node.js application development in a commercial environment, including ES6+ syntax.
- Good understanding of REST API concepts and cloud-based backends.
- Experience across a range of web technologies and modules, such as WebSockets, Redis, OAuth, and Express.
- Exposure to React and Linux, is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to write good-quality, robust and testable code. (Our players work in the field 24-7 for many years, we expect our code to do the same!)
- Git source control
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Autonomous and independent
- Creative and innovative approach
- Interest in new technology areas and ongoing professional development
- BA/BSc in a relevant discipline or 10+ years of relevant industry experience