Senior Service Engineer
Senior Service Engineer (North Chicagoland)
Our client, an established, global manufacturer and marketer of flavors and fragrances is looking for a Senior Service Engineer. This individual would be responsible for resolving complex and difficult incident and requests, customer interaction, mentoring and training junior staff, completing projects as assigned, and keeping equipment operational. The role would be roughly 75% project/escalated task management and 25% call handling and ticket management.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS:
- Substantial experience in support of IT infrastructures (5 to 10 years of Level III experience).
- Resolve complex and difficult incidents and requests.
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Keep equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist in the system/technology design process with server admins and engineering group.
- Develop design for large scale risk solutions under minimal supervision.
- Conduct complex analysis and evaluation.
- Basic understanding of business functions and how to best use IT in support.
- Recognize vendor policies and procurement procedures.
- Recognize key contractual agreement concepts.
- Perform tasks associated with purchasing hardware/software.
- Perform analysis and administrative tasks in the installation of new or existing personal computer-based systems.
- Recognize PC hardware and OS architecture, network and client-server concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of OS to be able to navigate files structures, execute OS specific commands, understand file and user security, ability to setup job scheduling, set appropriate environment settings and scripting.
- Develop documents that communicate ideas or information appropriately to own work group.
- Uses appropriate business and technical terminology, writes complete sentences using proper grammar and spelling.
- Contribute to development of procedural documents.
- Strong communication skills
This is a full-time, salaried role with benefits located in the northern suburbs of Chicago.