Senior QA Performance Engineer
The State of Illinois is standing up a QA center of excellence. They are looking to have a team available to agencies as needed when they are looking for QA services. As part of the team, there are different skillsets needed. This role is for a Senior QA Performance Engineer.
Senior QA Performance Engineer will work with development groups to implement performance tuning, benchmarking, and analysis of the applications. They should have the ability to work on multiple projects as an individual contributor. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Successfully create and implement performance framework.
- Enable complex performance testing, monitoring and tuning of Virtual machines and applications to ensure system service level objectives.
- Analyze highly complex system resource usage and configures CPU and memory resources.
- Work with development initiatives to proactively provide input on design/implementation considerations to ensure good performance.
- Create architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run books
- Perform Data analysis and drill down for root cause analysis using both manual and automated techniques.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of emerging cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Application of machine learning techniques to develop models which generate real time data analytics.
- Solve problems in complex environments - investigate, fix and resolve issues.
- Communicate findings and provide recommendations to other teams to improve product quality and performance
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Should have experience in the following:
- Web 2.0 (HTTP/HTML, Ajax, Flex and Silverlight etc.), Mobile, SAP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Citrix, RTE, Mail, and Windows Socket.
- Experience implementing a framework that includes LoadRunner, HP UFT, ALM, and Fortify
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and hands on knowledge of profiling/debugging tools such as DTrace, gdb, perf, or SystemTap.
- Practical experience with modern systems and systems programming concepts like C, sockets, virtual memory, and the process life cycle.
- Confident in shell scripting and Java and .Net system administration, including network configuration.
- Analytical mind with attention to detail and desire to probe further.
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal, along with the ability to communicate complex procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to remain focused on completing tasks and meeting goals