Senior QA Automation Analyst
The State of Illinois is standing up a QA center of excellence. They are looking to have a team available to agencies as needed when they are looking for QA services. As part of the team, there are different skillsets needed. This role is for a Senior QA Automation analyst.
Senior QA Automation Analyst should have the ability to work on multiple projects as an individual contributor. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
The candidate will be responsible for functional testing, the design and development of comprehensive automated test strategy and test cases within a QA framework that increases credibility, improves work processes, and efficiency. The candidate will be mentoring Software and other QA Engineers on increasing and maintaining test automation. Along with Product and Software Developers you will be a subject matter expert on the products, services, and systems we test and build.
- Review business and functional requirements in order to create test strategy and write detailed test cases.
- Design effective component, system, functional and application level test scenarios in line with business requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans (automated and manual) and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Build test automation framework, tools, and technologies, to continually advance the output quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build test scenarios during requirements and coding phases.
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in software testing is preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with HP UFT test framework development, and web application testing.
- Experience with successfully implemented a CI/CD automation strategy and understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to drive quality across the SDLC, including reviewing Production code, assisting with Design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact and rate of investment of test code.
- Experience with working in a Agile environment and CI/CD driven testing culture.
- Prior success as an individual QA Automation Engineer embedded within a product team.
- Experience API automation testing We get excited about candidates who have experience in.
- Mentorship and technical leadership - helping develop junior QAAE skill sets as well as training software engineers on automation and quality best practices.
- Driving a Shift Left quality approach.
- Turning complex testing and tools into simple documentation or processes for others to use.
- Researching and implementing tools that can be leveraged to improve quality.
- Experience working with Oracle, Java, SAP, .NET, Webforms.
- Webservices testing using REST, SOAP.
- Experience implementing a framework that includes LoadRunner, HP UFT, ALM, and Fortify, Git, Copada, Gherkin.
- Understanding and implementation of the different industry best practice frameworks
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public.
- Assist test engineer with test automation.
- Develop VB, TSL test scripts for QTP/HPUFT as a part of automated testing.
- Experience with BDD, TDD, and the STLC.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently and within the team.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.