Senior QA Analyst
The State of Illinois is standing up a QA center of excellence. They are looking to have a team available to agencies as needed when they are looking for QA services. As part of the team, there are different skillsets needed. This role is for a Senior QA analyst.
Senior QA testers should have the ability to work on multiple projects as an individual contributor. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
Creates and maintains the processes of the department’s quality program. Also provides consulting for software development or operations processes, quality practices, quality audits and software measurements to product development or operations teams within the division and to clients.
- Develops, maintains and upgrades Manual or Automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Perform usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
- Controls and manages own daily test activities.
- Provides internal quality assurance.
- Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Creation and tracking of KPIs, Test Reports, and Traceability Matrices.
- Develop and maintain Gerkin and Cucumber test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in software testing is preferred.
Preferred experience with:
- Behavior-driven development testing. Cucumber software.
- Test Driven Development testing.
- QTP software.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing.
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner.
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies.
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language.
- Knowledge of functions, features, and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications.
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients’ needs.
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public.
- Assist test engineer with test automation.
- Develop VB, TSL test scripts for QTP/HPUFT as a part of automated testing.
- Experience with BDD, TDD, and the STLC.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently and within the team.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.