Senior Project Manager
Key Job Responsibilities:
Describe primary responsibilities that are required of this position along with the percentage of time spent completing them.
% of Time
Description of Responsibility
Project Execution: Drive completion of projects. Coordinate project staff and vendors, ensuring projects meet timing, budget, and quality objectives. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, providing direction and support to project team and vendors. Update plan as appropriate to meet changing objectives. Track project status using appropriate tools. Drive closeout of project issues. Report on progress of projects to stakeholders, as appropriate.
Business Analysis and Guidance: Develop and maintain strong project subject matter expertise. Perform detailed analysis and documentation to support business and project objectives, including requirements, RFPs, test strategies/test scripts, project issue logs, and other deliverables as required.
Project Initiation and Planning: Develop detailed understanding of project objectives. Work with stakeholders to define project vision, scope, goals, and deliverables. Define tasks, identify project resources, and assign individual responsibilities. Develop comprehensive project plans and define project budgets. Obtain stakeholder approval of scope, timeline and budget.
Perform other duties as assigned.
List knowledge, skills, and abilities required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Strong leadership skills
- Significant experience in project management, with a proven track record of project success
- Experiences with a wide variety of technology and business projects
- Good system testing background, including experience creating and executing test scripts
- Strong project planning experience
- Solid business analysis skills
- Strong documentation experience, including requirements documentation.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Strong knowledge of the investment industry concepts, with an ability to develop a detailed understanding of IM's business and operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, and Excel
- Takes ownership of issues and sees them to resolution
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Solution and detail oriented
- Good listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates initiative and persistence.
- Skilled at influencing others to achieve results without formal authority
Background & Experience:
Indicate the professional background and educational experience required for this position.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a project manager in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Concern for Quality
Internal & Regulatory Compliance