Senior Java Engineer - Chicago Hybrid
We are looking for a senior software engineer who has high availability, resilience, and security in mind while they’re creating state-of-the-art solutions. Our engineering teams in the Chicago Tech Hub focus on designing, implementing and scaling solutions for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms, crowdfunding platforms etc.
We give platforms the ability to manage their global payments ecosystem in one place through API integrations or by using our hosted onboarding solution. They can run onboarding, verification and compliance processes for various markets, process payments and trigger faster payouts and bank transfers in all preferred currencies.
What you’ll do
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many merchants and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible from its initial design to bringing new functionality live.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
Who you are
- 5+ years experience working with Java.
- Familiar with a complex, high-performance platform.
- You are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail.
- Able to take ownership and lead a project.
- Excited to apply expert level knowledge of Java.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) and SQL/PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in creating performant database queries and table structures.
- Some domestic and international travel required
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.