Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
The Senior IT Project Manager leads the full lifecycle of IT program and project delivery, including project initiation, planning, design, build, test and deployment. The IT Project Manager works closely with business stakeholders and IT teams to deliver technical solutions for the US-based business units.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Project Initiation (20%)
- Working with business and IT stakeholders to scope out projects including functional and technical deliverables, cost estimates, resources, and identification of benefits
- Preparing project scope documents and charters to initiate IT projects
- Preparing project plans and schedules
- Conducting risk management assessments and plans
Project Management (60%)
- Overseeing the completion of project tasks
- Communicating project status to stakeholders
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Maintaining project scope and raising change requests as necessary
- Conducting post-implementation debriefs to identify recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Participating in continuous improvement activities for the IT department and PMO team
Team & Leadership Functions (20%)
- Updating and managing resource allocations
- Working with the project team and stakeholders to resolve issues and manage risks
- Facilitating regular team meetings
- Facilitating Steering Committee meetings
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Project Manager role.
- Experience managing small and large-scale projects.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment an understanding of SDLC.
- Familiarity with cloud, client/server and relational database concepts.
- Experience with vendor selection and COTS implementation.
- Experience managing program delivery.
- PMP certification highly preferred.
- Financial analysis or accounting experience (desired)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and MS Teams (desired)
- Experience in Wine, Beer, Food, CPG, or Beverage industry highly preferred.
- Experience with business process improvement (desired).
Skills & Abilities
- Detail-oriented and meticulous when necessary, paired with the ability to understand the broader business context and strategic importance.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to train or instruct in a large group setting.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, MS Project and MS Visio
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The following KPIs will be a focus for this role:
1. Project/Program Schedule: Budget vs Actual
2. Project/Program Effort: Budget vs Actual
3. Project/Program Quality: Critical bugs; post-implementation survey results
Key Business Stakeholders
- IT Managers
- Business Unit Managers
Key Business Stakeholders:
This role will interact with a large variety of stakeholders including staff working in Supply Chain, Logistics, Corporate Services and Commercial Sales.