Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Our client is a growing organization focused on commercial insurance lines - helping businesses manage risk. They are seeking a Senior Financial Systems Analyst. The role can either be hybrid based in Phoenix, AZ or fully remote for someone based in the Mountain or Pacific time zones.
The Financial Systems team resides in the F&A department and ensures the effective implementation and use of enterprise-wide financial systems (ERP is MS Dynamics) and reporting solutions. This position will work with Finance, IT, and other appropriate business areas to implement, maintain, upgrade, and support financial systems including D365, Microsoft Dynamics AX, ZAP BI Reporting, Atlas, Guidewire, and Power BI.
As a member of a four-person financial systems team, you will troubleshoot and analyze financial system issues and identify solutions. This role is appropriate for either someone with an accounting background interested who has been involved in an ERP implementation as a SME or someone with a functional ERP and reporting background.
Provide financial systems support for users, especially related to GL, AP, and Expense as well as operational and reporting systems. Primary systems include D365, Microsoft Dynamics AX, ZAP BI Reporting, Atlas, Guidewire (Policy, Billing, and Claims), and Power BI.
Troubleshoot issues and continuously improve business processed. Ensure effective configuration and automation using financial systems software (ERP and BI). Work collaboratively with IT to communicate business needs, coordinate project efforts, and implement solutions.
Analyze and document business requirements, develop test plans, coordinate and perform quarterly User Acceptance testing to ensure smooth software upgrades, document procedures, develop training materials and perform user training.
Collaborate with the Finance Organization and Business Intelligence team to analyze reporting needs and implement reporting solutions. Determine reporting efficiencies and implement solutions to provide accurate and timely financial information.
Skills & experience our client values:**
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, computer science, or information systems.
- Demonstrated success working with financial ERP system (Dynamics 365 -ideal, JDE, Sage, SAP, Oracle). Either an ERP Specialist or a Power User (with an accounting background) who has been involved with an ERP implementation or upgrade on financial systems.
- Knowledge of Accounting/Finance processes, functions, procedures, and computer systems and/or experience supporting or implementing business systems (ERPs), ideally with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of database design.
- Effective problem analysis/resolution techniques. Previous experience troubleshooting account/report reconciliations from both a business process (accounting) and/or systems (ERP confirmation and database design) desired.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
**We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
Preferred experiences (or things you’ll get to learn):
- Experience with internal controls over financial reporting
- Power BI and/or Business Intelligence (ZAP BI Reporting) experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Atlas, or Guidewire (Policy, Billing, and Claims)
- Graduate-level study in the previously stated fields is a plus
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental, vision and a wide range of competitive benefits programs, generous matching contributions to your 401(k) plan, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and other education benefits and business casual dress.
They focus on a culture of compassion demonstrated through employee volunteerism, corporate matching, Board service, program sponsorships and in-kind contributions. Employees are empowered with the opportunity to use 12-hours of paid time to volunteer annually and matching their personal contribution to the charities of their choice up to $500 per year. In 2020 (despite covid), the client’s ~700 employees reported 3,500 volunteer hours.
Targeted compensation: $80,000-90,000 plus bonus depending on experience.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace.