Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
This position is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to customers, Sales Executives, and other Provant team members. The essential functions of this role include the following:
- Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing commercial accounts.
- Responsible for the service of Commercial Lines accounts as assigned and aid in collections of agency billed premiums as per established agency procedures for Provant’s key and highest revenue-producing accounts. Will coordinate and delegate responsibilities as needed with an Account Representative or Account Associate.
- May manage an assigned book of business for Provant’s smaller revenue producing accounts. Lead all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal of book of business. Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business and developing new business from existing accounts and prospects, including cross-sell and account rounding of other Provant products and services where appropriate. Will coordinate and delegate responsibilities as needed with an Account Representative or Account Associate.
- At the direction of the Practice Lead or Account Executive, prepare company submissions for new business quotes and prepare proposals of insurance for new Commercial Lines clients, including visits to clients with Sales Executive and Account Executive when requested.
- Initiate, screen and prepare endorsement requests for Commercial Lines clients.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required.
- Prepare and process all requests for certificates of insurance as required within 24 hours of request.
- Review all applications, policies, endorsements and audits for accuracy.
- Setup and prepare new account files per agency procedures.
- Invoice all premium-bearing transactions.
- Notify Sales Executive and Account Executive of any unpaid audits and request appropriate actions be made according to agency collections procedure.
- Prepare account summaries as required.
- Prepare ID cards, evidence of property, certificates, binders, and/or obtain underwriter approval on manuscript endorsements.
- Assist filing claims and follow up to ensure timely closure of the files.
- Deliver policies, and related documents to insureds as needed.
- Maintain suspense items in a timely manner.
- Prepare expired policies for filing in dead files.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars and schools offered.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system.
- Service commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Prioritize workload and/or request assistance as required.
- Assist other agency departments in securing and/or providing information necessary to issue appropriate policies in their department for which we have a mutual client.
- Meet with clients to discuss and handle their insurance as needed.
- Assist prospects/insureds until a Sales Executive and Account Executive is available.
- Keep Sales Executive and Account Executives fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Obtain expiration dates for policies not written by us to follow-up on and quote.
- Assist other departments in cross-selling and account rounding.
- Immediately report all malfunctions of system software to the systems manager.
- Perform other tasks as needed to service our clients/prospects.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by Practice Lead and Account Executive.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines is preferred. Brokerage experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Epic.