SAP Financial Planning Architect - BPC
The SAP Financial Planning and Forecasting Solutions Architect provides leadership and functional and technical support for various business units utilizing the SAP BPC platform. In support of the SAP BPC platform, the SAP Financial Planning and Forecasting Solution Architect supports the SAP Plan to Perform area and system(s) through the design and implementation of existing and new business functionalities. In addition, this role will establish standards and requirements to evaluate and direct enhancements and implement solutions related to the SAP BPC Financial Planning and Forecasting areas across enterprise-wide.
Designs and develops SAP Financial Planning and Forecasting requirements and specifications to ensure systems and solutions are meeting corporate needs linking with SAP Best Practice solutions, compliance and accounting principles. Supports SAP BPC system and is accountable for projects, enhancements, development, configuration, documentation, testing, training, go-live and on-going support within the SAP BPC Plan to Perform area according to Best Practices and supporting company business strategy and roadmap.
Key Position Activities:
Leads, participates or coordinates end-to-end execution of SAP BPC Financial Planning & Forecasting solutions, related projects and technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands on management of configuration.
Defines systems strategy, develops systems requirements, designs and prototypes, testing and training. Defines support procedures.
Provides process expertise and solutions in Financial Planning and Forecasting, SAP BPC area and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools
Understands business processes, accounting principles, systems configuration, enhancements and data or enables related processes.
Works with business counterparts on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, business processes, SAP and Financial Planning and Forecasting expertise. Analyzes business requirements and translates them into design.
Leads multiple design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, application and process design specifications, implementation and support.
Provides expertise for the estimation and financial analysis of projects.
Creates documentation for various stages of planning, design, implementation and support of SAP BPC services
Participates in weekly team meetings and internal initiatives to review outstanding issues and/or to discuss new trends or projects
Manages and completes complex assignment and related projects
Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP BPC to IT and business stakeholders.
Performs other related duties as required or requested
Scope of Work: Briefly describe the level/type of contacts that will interact with the position; impact of the position on the business, level/type of authority and independence.
Works with others within the IT Operations Team to ensure all local end-users, as well as facility users are able to perform their job functions properly during and after large-scale network upgrades or new installations. This team member is in constant contact with outside vendors for solution progress, pricing and to ensure projects are on time/budget
Makes decisions/recommendations regarding the replacement or servicing of equipment. Designs and configures software and network systems to be installed.
* Financial Responsibility i.e., revenue, assets, budgets, number of accounts, expenditures, etc.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
A Bachelor’s Degree is required in the area of specialty (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Technology. MBA, CMA, or CPA a plus). Goals are generally communicated in "solution" or project goal terms.
- SAP Certification is a plus
- At least 7 years of SAP BPC experience with progressive responsibility and influence.
- At least 3 full cycles SAP implementation projects with hand-on project experience designing, testing and implementing BPC
- Experience working with Financial Planning, Forecasting, US GAAP, IFRS
- Experienced working on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
SAP Financial Planning and Forecasting Solution Architect JD specifics:
- Broad technology knowledge of major applications, middleware and platforms
- Broad understanding of business processes and solutions
- Understanding of integration points between FI/SD/MM/PP and other modules
- Process background in SAP FICO, Consolidations and Revenue Accounting
- Demonstrated experience in setting and influencing company-wide strategic direction.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of SAP BPC solutions for business programs/projects
- Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP BPC solutions and best practices to IT and business stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with VP and above executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
- Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects.
- Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis
- Technically competent; able to supervise and inspire other team members.
- Travel may be required.
Technical skills required:
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA and SAP BPC required
- Experience configuring, implementing and maintaining SAP BPC, Consolidations & Financial Planning and Forecasting solutions
- Experience working with Revenue Accounting, Revenue Recognition, US GAAP, IFRS
- Expertise in SAP BPC module with strong understanding of integration with other SAP S/4 HANA modules and 3rd party systems
Technical skills preferred:
- Experience in 3rd party software solutions
- Certification in SAP FICO module