Sales Development Representative
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
Sphera, a worldwide leader in the environmental health and safety technology space, is currently searching for an enthusiastic Sales Development Representative with a sales hunter mentality to join our fast-growing sales team. As a member of our professional sales team, you will follow up on marketing inquiries as well as hunt for new business opportunities in an effort to set appointments for our global salesforce. This position will give you the potential to evolution into a full cycle sales position!
The sales role - based in our Chicago office - is an entry-level inside sales position that quickly grows within this and other sales teams at Sphera. All reps will be ramped up with a progression of classroom and live practice to begin their sales journey. Once they establish a level of productivity and command of the role, our teams transition to focus on specific categories and more lucrative accounts.
This is a full-time, base salary plus commission role (commission is uncapped)
· Proactively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals Aggressive appointment setting
activities driven through both outbound business development activities as well
as following up on inquiries coming from our awesome marketing programs.
· Outbound calling and quick response to inquiries in order to set appointments for the sales team.
· Leverage proven consultative sales methodologies to analyze the prospect’s businesses to address their changing automation needs
· Develop and manage a follow up cadence to systematically nurture potential leads that aren’t quite ready to buy.
· Participate in interactive training & educational sessions in order to stay abreast of changes in Sphera solutions, sales, and the industry.
· Consistently achieve and/or exceed sales targets.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial Inside Sales environment.
· Experience selling over the phone and cold calling various types of business across all industries.
· A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous at how great of a person you are.
· You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing; or equivalent work experience.
· 1+ year of sales experience, with a successful track record in solution-based selling environment highly preferred
· Software and/or software as a service (SaaS) product sales highly preferred
· Business to Business (B2B) sales experience highly preferred
· Self-motivated, high energy individual that can thrive in a competitive but fun team environment
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Experience with SalesForce.com or other CRM tool(s) highly preferred