Real Estate Acquisitions Associate
Home Partners of America is an owner and operator of high-quality, single-family, retail homes. Our mission is to help more people get into great homes, in the neighborhoods they love, while preserving the opportunity to build a more secure financial future. This commitment to making homeownership a reality is made possible through a unique business model that leverages data and analytic capabilities on Home Partners’ technology-enabled operating platform. We are a dynamic organization poised for growth and expansion into the future and are looking to hire passionate and energetic employees.
Your Primary Role
The Transactions Coordinator is responsible for managing the transaction process from the negotiation stage up to the inspection. The Coordinator will interface with real estate agents and prospective residents in different markets to ensure a seamless and successful transaction. The position must work closely with other members of the Acquisitions Team to ensure timely responses to agent and resident requests, monitor outcomes, and provide additional coverage during extended business hours including weekends.
• Develop strong knowledge of various contract documents required in the different markets in which the Company operates.
• Prepare purchase offers and send to agents for presentation to sellers in a timely manner.
• Negotiate offers and manage transaction progress from the point of contract generation up to the home inspection.
• Coordinate with agents and prospective residents to obtain missing documentation and additional information required to complete a transaction.
• Provide updates and reporting to management on a regular basis.
In addition to your primary role, the Associate is expected to become fully trained in at least one additional department described below. Your manager will work with you to assign your initial cross-training assignment.
Applications: Associate is responsible for screening prospective resident applications. The Associate will review, analyze and authenticate various types of credit information on prospective residents in order to identify potential issues and thereby maximize credit quality of residents and minimize the company’s credit risk and potential loss.
Underwriting: Associate is responsible for evaluating properties submitted to the Company for purchase consideration. The Associate will prepare comparative market analyses and review properties to determine value and acceptable acquisition risk.
Inspections: Associate is responsible for overseeing critical aspects of the home inspection process for properties under contract. The Associate acts as the primary point of contact between Home Partners’ agents and the project manager who reviews inspection reports and contractor bids. The Associate reviews data and recommendations provided by the project manager to determine how to proceed with the transaction. Developing a strong understanding of the nuanced aspects of physical inspections and communicating this information clearly between all connected parties.
Skills and Experience We’re Looking For
• Undergraduate degree
• Some experience in the residential real estate industry including any of the following: credit analysis, underwriting, appraisal, loan review, risk management, property management preferred.
• Ability and willingness to work extended business hours and weekends on a regular basis.
• Keen analytic skills, extreme attention to detail, and strong ability to follow up on outstanding issues.
• Superior problem-solving abilities with intellectual curiosity and a drive to continually improve established processes.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and eagerness to work in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Applications: Associate is responsible for screening prospective resident applications. The Associate will review, analyze and authenticate various types of credit information on prospective residents in order to identify potential issues and thereby maximize the credit quality of residents and minimize the company’s credit risk and potential loss.
- Review a high volume of prospective resident applications to ensure compliance with the Company’s credit guidelines and set maximum rent approval amount.
- Follow up with applicants to obtain missing documentation or additional information required to complete the application review.