- Job Summary:
The Marketing Director will lead North America to determine the right marketing strategy/execution plans required to help drive our standard of care everywhere applicable. This person will lead the region to localize/create messaging and resources, execute product launches and drive demand generation efforts for us in the Critical Care and Emergency Medicine markets, as well as such markets as are introduced or launched.
The Marketing Director will also partner closely with Global Marketing through the Co-Develop group with downstream colleagues from Germany, France, and UK to help define our global strategy & co-develop primary campaigns and resources. The role requires outstanding working relationships with multiple functions within the company at a global and domestic level, as well as the establishment and maintenance of professional and clinical relationships on behalf of our organization.
- Marketing Plan Ownership: Lead cross-functional team to determine 5-year North America marketing strategy. Create annual marketing plans that drives us towards standard of care with sustained double digit revenue growth, while maintaining margins and delivering increased market share. Annual Plan will include core principles of success and measurable objectives.
Key elements of plan include defining customer targeting strategy, conducting competitive market assessments, laying out clear unique selling propositions for customers leveraging the Challenger framework, creating/localizing messaging and tools to support execution of plan and campaigns, optimizing pricing and promotion strategy to achieve objectives and maximize growth, aligning with team on distribution plan (direct and through distributor), integrating a comprehensive marketing communications strategy/execution plan, executing best-in-class launches, defining KOL strategy to help achieve objectives, providing commercial priorities for data roadmap to expand messaging and value proposition and collaborating with Commercial Excellence on training and education plans. The annual marketing plan will drive actions to support cross functional/regional attainment of financial goals including revenue growth, market share, contribution margin and Strategic Plan commitments.
- Communications Strategy and Execution Plan: Will lead team to create a comprehensive and effective marketing communications strategy, in association with the Global Brand Director, that will generate broad awareness, secure new leads and accelerate adoption and utilization of our offerings. Will lead team and agencies to create the right content, package the content in campaigns and leverage the right channels for maximum effectiveness.
- Team Leadership & Development: Responsible for leadership and development of the Downstream Marketing team to build a marketing team that is commercially astute, dedicated, innovative and adaptable. Lead cross functional teams as needed. Partner with Commercial Excellence Director and Clinical Education Director to build the right messaging and resources into the sales process and training programs.
- KOL Strategy: Role will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships with thought leaders, trade or clinical associations, and others with clinical influence in order to ensure that the clinical and economic data are sufficient, persuasively presented, and clinically relevant. Partner with cross-functional team members and these key customers to drive us to standard of care across the entire care continuum.
- Data Roadmap: Partner with Clinical Education and Medical Affairs to prioritize key clinical, economic and QoL claims we need to bolster our value proposition. Build a clinical data roadmap with cross-functional partners that will secure the data we need to drive growth & achieve market share targets.
- Financial & Budget Responsibility: Develop budget for the fiscal year, be accountable for effectively managing budgets by maintaining fiscal discipline with the downstream marketing team. Develop metrics to measure ROI and broader impact of marketing efforts.
- Customer Need identification: Identify market trends and growth opportunities to adapt and optimize marketing resourcing for existing portfolio. Feed unmet product needs to New Product Planning Director and Global Marketing for development of new products or product line extensions.
- Product/Solution Launches: Partner with Global Marketing and NA Sales Leadership to develop process and frameworks for best-in-class launches to drive maximum market penetration. Support Head of Marketing on forecasting, positioning, pricing, and margins for new and existing products and lead cross-functional team to develop individual business cases with 5-year sales forecast for new product development through stage gate. Develop launch plans for new product introduction. Execute launch plans with cross-functional partners.
- Product “white space” identification: Will also provide input on the current product portfolio, and specifically, the sufficiency of products to meet identified clinical needs, as well as the opportunity to enhance or otherwise update the portfolio’s branding and technology.
- Role will also handle other responsibilities and tasks as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in medical device marketing, focused on demand & revenue generation.
- 3+ years managing a high performing team, with proven examples of teaching and coaching team members
- Superb P&L awareness; clear ability to adapt & apply solutions to positively impact revenue & profitability
- Obtain & apply strong insight into mind of customer for growth across 5-year periods
- Develop a compelling strategic vision & execution orientation for North America
- Results orientated; creates opportunities & overcomes obstacles to drive revenue
- Excellent communication skills combining empathy & action
- Team management with focus on innovation, effectiveness, productivity
- Experience working collaboratively with sales channels to drive growth and market share gain
- Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages and a CRM platform (preferably Salesforce)
- Chicago based role
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time (domestically, with some international)
- Experience with Challenger Sales and Marketing approach
- Experience in respiratory therapeutic area and the acute care hospital setting
- Experience within a global organization, including working with a range of local and global internal stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Operations and Medical Affairs
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).
drop us a line
Need help with hiring? Turns out, we'd love to help. Contact us below.
If you're looking for a new job, check out the job openings for our clients here.