Manager, Workforce Operations
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The WFM Field Operations Manager has divisional responsibility for the content development, planning, and facilitation of workforce management (WFM) education in the field. This position is responsible for identifying training needs and learning opportunities through analyzing workforce management-related key performance indicators (KPIs) and implementing action plans to drive changes in behavior. The ideal candidate will act as an advocate for workforce management in the field by facilitating focus groups, soliciting feedback, and driving execution of WFM strategy in partnership with the SVP, RVPs, and DMs. As a leader, this highly visible role will positively coach and develop store and field management to achieve operational excellence in the workforce management arena by increasing awareness, conducting on-going training, and promoting accountability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Analyze exceptions (e.g. attendance-related infractions, missed punches, timecard approval, sign-off, and store audit results) to identify training opportunities, drive accountability, and mitigate risk.
- Establish and maintain on-going partnerships with SVPs, RVPs, and DMs to drive workforce management operational execution, communicate findings or trends in specific markets, and recommend solutions for continuous improvement.
- Lead the continuing effort to enhance workforce management practices through process simplification, value-added tools, and timely metric reporting that the field can take action on or drive changes in behavior.
- Conduct workforce management skill gap assessments and focus groups to solicit feedback; provide remedial training and coaching to share best practices, facilitate educational learning for field leadership, and develop action plans to course correct.
- Collaborate with the Store Operations Training Development team to develop and maintain relevant workforce management training content (e.g., user guides, quick reference guides, FAQs, tips and tricks, e-learning).
- Plan, develop, and facilitate audience-specific workforce management training sessions in partnership with DMs and market trainers (e.g., webinars, conference calls, and leadership conferences); track and measure effectiveness of training
- Serve as a resource for workforce management-related field inquires and determine root cause to identify potential gaps in processes or documentation.
- Key stakeholder in workforce management projects and initiatives including establishing and documenting business requirements and assisting in deployment to the field.
- Apply change management methodologies when introducing new WFM product features and functionality to increase adoption and promote consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study, or 7–10 years of equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification in human resource management (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP) or project management (PMP) is an asset.
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Central (WFC), or other leading workforce management software, is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a consultative role is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training content development and proven facilitation techniques.
- Established knowledge in timekeeping, attendance, and scheduling principles and processes.
- Proven project management and change management experience on multifaceted projects.
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Aptitude to influence colleagues, peers, and cross-functional teams throughout all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide meaningful feedback, coach, motivate, and inspire others.
- Proven ability to scrutinize data, identify and interpret trends, and develop and execute appropriate action plans based on discoveries.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate intricate issues and resolutions to all levels of management.
- Aptitude to balance competing priorities and secure resolution through interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ability to perform and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong business acumen; retail store experience a plus.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays, as required (30%).