Who We Are
As the complete MRO source, McMaster-Carr supplies equipment that has kept the wheels of industry turning for over 100 years. We owe success to experimentation and innovation, and we invite team members to put their creativity to work. An emphasis on curiosity and development celebrates diverse
experiences, backgrounds, and identities. McMaster-Carr’s commitment to an inclusive workplace is evident in the way we form teams and develop resources.
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage the Maintenance operation.
As a Facility Operations Leader, you will oversee all activities and building systems that make our site operationally effective. You will also lead a team by evaluating performance and supporting the evolution of future operational
demands, including greater automation. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Facilities.
As a Facility Operations Leader, you will enhance your leadership skills and develop expertise in
McMaster-Carr’s goals, strategies, and operations. You will learn and grow by:
• Managing the performance of a mid-sized team by cultivating a supportive community and a
culture of development
• Consulting with operational leaders on options and alternatives to help them reach business and
customer service objectives
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot or brainstorm process improvements
while optimizing time and cost investment
As a Facility Operations Leader, you will make an impact by:
• Cultivating the capabilities of the Maintenance team to fulfill operational demands and develop
• Supporting ongoing facility expansions and owning the maintenance of the updates
• Consolidating building programs (HVAC, AC, building security, etc.) to ensure the facility operates
cohesively and efficiently through coordination and installation of Building Management Systems
• Improving operations to ensure that McMaster-Carr meets customer experience standards of
shipping orders from stock with same or next day
We offer benefits to build a healthy, positive workplace that allows you to do your best work:
• Generous profit sharing
• Company-funded retirement accounts
• First-time home buyer assistance
• College assistance for your dependents
• Paid time off to cover vacation and personal time
• Medical, dental, pharmacy, and vision plans without monthly premiums for you, your spouse, and
• 4+ years of professional experience, including at least 2 years managing a team
• Experience in a fast-paced distribution, warehouse, factory, or manufacturing environment
• Exposure to the maintenance of facility automation, such as conveyor systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced project management skills and/or track record of leading teams and projects
• Commitment to personal, professional, and team growth
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).