Lead UX Designer
Position: Lead User Experience Designer
Location: 100% remote
Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 500 retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform’s more than 2.5 million members.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $175 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS and Android and at www.raise.com.
Launched in 2020, Slide is the only mobile payment app that offers unlimited 4-6% cash back on every purchase. The power of Slide happens at contactless payment systems at 300+ retailers in 100,000 nationwide locations, including Lowe’s, Ulta Beauty, Chipotle and more. Slide users can instantly cash out their funds to Venmo or PayPal after they’ve earned $15 or apply their earnings toward their next Slide purchase—no uploading a receipt or extra steps required. There are no hidden fees and no limit on the amount of cash back that users can earn. It is the most rewarding way to pay.
About the Position
Raise is seeking a rockstar Lead User Experience Designer to join our rapidly growing product team to help build our emerging brand. The right candidate will be a creative thinker with a customer-first mentality who loves to be on the cutting edge of new and innovative technology solutions. Operating with a solid grasp of the Slide brand, they will be crucial in helping drive the product design discipline by working with cross-functional teams charged with implementing transformation solutions in digital commerce alongside the Creative Director of Product and Marketing.
As Lead User Experience Designer, you will collaborate daily with the Lead Product Designer, Product Manager, Tech Leads and Business Owners. You will play a key part in shaping user-centered digital solutions that connect the dots between user needs, business objectives and innovation. You will work hand-in-hand with the Lead Product Designer and Product Manager to create user flows, wires, prototypes and facilitate ongoing user testing to ensure the best customer experience possible.
This job is for a self-starter who works well both independently and with a team and will uphold the integrity of design throughout every stage of a project. You will execute at the crossroads of strategy, craftsmanship, and design focusing on delivering the best user experience that is intuitive, creative, thoughtful and simple. You will engage our members in the browsing and shopping experience and motivate them to purchase, creating an everyday habit that is the most rewarding way to pay.
- Be a resourceful and collaborative member of fast-paced digital design product team fluent in Figma
- Create user flows, wireframes and prototypes using industry standard tools
- Help research and validate product design solutions
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of pattern libraries, design systems and standards
- Work with the Product Manager, Tech Leads and Creative Director of Product and Marketing to analyze findings from users to develop user stories for the development team
- Participate in design reviews for the product teams
- Developing empathy and identify user needs based on insights gathered from custom data
- Champion the role of human centered design in your projects
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience designing solutions with a focus on customer and business requirements and in-depth user testing
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products such as responsive websites, desktop and mobile applications
- 5+ years of experience with UX Design research, usability testing, wire-framing, prototyping and developer handoffs
- 5+ years of experience with AdobeXD, Sketch, Figma or Invision (Figma is preferred)
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity to create smart design solutions
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Motivated, proactive, highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a sense of accountability
Raise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with discretionary company match
- Company-paid short-and-long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- Pre-tax health flex spending and dependent care plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including sick time, unlimited vacation, and Raise Gives Back time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary benefits, such as Pet Insurance and Identity Protection
Opportunity to work remotely or in person at the headquarters in downtown Chicago
You should have relevant and related experience, a solid portfolio, and be familiar with Apple and Adobe products. You must submit a portfolio link or a minimum of 10 samples in a single page PDF with resume and cover letter attached to be considered.