Lead Product Manager - Hardware
Lead Product Manager - Hardware
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are delivering on the promise of 3D digital manufacturing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to full scale manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study can come together to create products that improve people's lives. You will be joining a team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Our product managers understand our customers’ needs and use that insight to define and launch our products. We are deeply collaborative: product managers work with our entire team to bring product concepts to life.
This is a management role focused on defining our hardware product vision and strategy (printers, washers and accessories), leading the product team bringing to market innovative solutions, and partnering with key stakeholders in executing on that vision. This position will also drive our product planning process that results in roadmaps across hardwareh/w, software s/w and materials. The position is based in Redwood City, CA.
- Player/coach role: manager of hardware product management will be both a product manager and be responsible for managing 1-2 product managers ( growing over time).
- Help create and execute our product line vision and for hardware. Lead definition and prioritization of our products and full range of underlying technologies. Ensure we have the right pre and post-processing accessories available to deliver an ideal customer experience with our Products across the end-to-end user workflow.
- Lead and partner with development, marketing, operations, sales, customer care to help define our hardware product strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with marketing and customer service to deeply understand, analyze and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans and detailed specifications
- Lead processes to ensure consistent customer feedback drives our decisions, product strategy and roadmap by working with customers, sales, marketing and segment PMs.
- Continuously refine product plans based on learnings from development progress and target customers. Ensure visibility of updated product plans as these refinements occur.
- Prepare portfolio pricing strategy in conjunction with the monetization and finance team taking into account competitive landscape, market and segment strategies and product differentiation and positioning.
- Work with sales and marketing to synthesize learnings from primary and secondary research to understand our customers and the broader market opportunities they represent. Help play a role in competitive analysis and positioning.
- Process, review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on competition, customers, usage / metrics to uncover new product insights and drive engagement
- Build cross functional relationships and manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- 8 yrs+ track record of demonstrated success as a hardware product manager bringing systems to market on time (work on complex systems a plus)
- Proven ability to make challenging business/product tradeoffs and difficult prioritization
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills; must be able to listen and partner across organizations, driving to alignment and coalition on the product roadmap
- Excellent communication skills; ability to motivate a team towards a shared vision.
- BS/BA degree in relevant field; engineering background and/or MBA preferred.
Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.