Java Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a Java Software Engineer to join a team building out their globally recognized flagship data analytics tool leveraging the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies.
· Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications
· Follow development best practices (TDD, CI/CD, etc)
· Collaborate cross-functionally with BA's, architects, designers, and other engineers
· Contribute to a collaborative, positive, and enjoyable environment for your development team.
· 4+ years of Java web application or data processing ETL development experience
· Experience working in a professional Agile development environment, utilizing lean/Scrum/XP Programming practices.
· Familiarity with implementing RESTful web services for decoupled cross-system interoperability.
· Experience writing automated unit tests using Junit and JMock, Mockito or equivalent mocking framework.
· Expertise with Algorithms and Data structures and not afraid of Big O estimation.
· Expertise with source control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
· Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Dynamo, SQS, Route53, ELB, is preferred.
· Familiarity with Java Garbage collection.
· Experience processing massive amounts of data using MapReduce systems is preferred.
· Understanding of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or CruiseControl and their incorporation into effective development processes.