IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
The Business Analyst leads the full lifecycle of business analysis, including collection of business, functional and technical requirements gathering, as part of the solutions delivery group. Responsibilities will include working as a liaison for stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the needs and recommends software, application and systems solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Work (~15 to 20%)
- Work with business and IT Teams to collect business, functional and technical requirements.
- Work with Business Relationship Management team to support the development of product roadmaps and determination of benefits / ROI.
- Act as the IT functional owner and SME of applications involved.
- Tactical Work (~80 to 85%)
- Develop business requirements documentation, impact analysis, and functional specifications.
- Develop process flow and activity diagrams.
- Facilitate requirement gathering and design sessions.
- Support US Supply Chain initiatives as part of the corporate IT group. Coverage areas include Finance, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Generate testing documentation and carry out the unit, functional and integration testing of applications during project execution.
- Develop training documentation and conduct training sessions as required.
- Work on Service Requests and analyze enhancements as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve applications issues during project execution phase or after hand-over.
- Provide regular updates to business teams, IT team leaders and project managers as needed.
- Participate in scrums, sprint planning, grooming, estimation sessions and sprint ceremonies.
- Participate in project learning sessions and gather feedback to improve BA process.
- Participate in BA team activities and contribute towards continuous process improvement.
- Support IT department team projects and activities.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Bachelors' degree in a business or technology-related field OR Associates' degree and four years of work experience OR HS Diploma/GED and eight years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years' experience in a Business Analyst role within Brewing, CPG, Supply Chain, or Logistics industry.
- Three years' experience working with business process redesign and reengineering projects.
- At least three years' experience working in a Kanban, Agile, or Scrum environment (Certifications nice to have).
- Experience in Supply Chain processes and solutions.
- Experience with custom development application projects as well as COTS implementations.
- Business Analyst certification preferred.
- Experience with business process improvement highly preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to train or instruct in a large group setting.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous when necessary, paired with the ability to understand the broader business context and strategic importance.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Familiarity with cloud, client/server and relational database concepts.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and MS Visio.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Service Now and MS Teams (desired).