Information Technology & Operational Risk Management Analyst
About the job
Firm a global clearing firm that provides an integrated suite of financial services to professional trading participants in the global financial market. Our core service offerings consist of execution, clearing, financing, stock borrowing and lending, settlement and custody. Today we clear and finance over 16 million trades per day and cover 90 of the world’s leading exchanges across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific. Our international network provides comprehensive market access to exchange-listed instruments such as stocks, futures and options. It also covers non-exchange listed investment instruments and alternative products including bonds, OTC derivatives, warrants, forex, forwards, and energy and commodities. Firm consistently ranks among the top three clearers in every time zone, based on turnover and market share.
Firm’s mission is to provide safe and efficient access to capital markets around the world. The firm Risk Management department ensures market surveillance and all market, credit, operational and enterprise risks of the firm are managed in line with the regulations and risk appetite. The department creates a culture and framework of risk awareness in order to achieve a sustainable profitable growth, building and keeping the trust and confidence of all stakeholders (clients, regulators, shareholders).
- Ensure successful implementation of the 2nd Line of Defense (LOD) Operational Risk Governance in accordance with firm risk management policies and the 3 LOD model
- Facilitate overview of the Firms key risk and controls, perform business reviews to assess level of internal control, and demonstrate that risks are managed within risk appetite and advise management of the results and recommendations.
- Ensure successful implementation of operational risk management framework through deep dives, risk self assessment (RSA), management actions and development and testing of formal internal controls
- Generate management reporting dashboards – KRIs, CFTC RER, global dashboards (ERM, Global I&ORM, etc) – providing independent challenge and validation of reported metrics and 2nd LOD opinion where appropriate
- Perform independent analysis and root cause investigations of operational incidents and trading errors, including trend analyses
- Assist with implementation of internal control framework for operational risk, information security, and business continuity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in financial or related industry
- Knowledge of Operational Risk Management, external regulations and auditing
- Demonstrated experience conducting Risk Self Assessments
- Demonstrated experience performing and utilizing data analysis to assess risk
- Knowledge and experience utilizing data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy principles, accounting, business continuity, third party risk and information security desired
- Knowledge of applicable US and international regulations and frameworks (e.g., SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, MiFID, Basel II/III, Dodd-Frank, etc)
- Comprehensive understanding of key risks and internal controls and preferably clearing processes
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).