Informatics Data Analyst
Informatics Data Analyst
Under general direction of the Senior Data Analyst, serves as Data Analyst for management, analysis, and rapid dissemination of data on specific healthcare quality topics and public health priorities including COVID-19. Manipulates large datasets to identify and summarize trends to inform strategic public health decisions. Develops effective data visualizations and other tools to communicate key data related to specific healthcare quality issues and select public health priorities. Creates custom data reports for a variety of users.
- Manipulates large datasets to identify and summarize trends to inform strategic public health decisions. Cleans, merges, organizes, and manages data from multiple sources, including transferring data to the reporting database. Performs data validation and complex data analysis.
- Develops effective data visualizations and other tools to communicate key data related to specific healthcare quality issues and select public health priorities. Creates interactive Tableau data dashboards and ArcGIS visualizations and maps. Researches and applies data presentation best practices and guidelines to ensure clear, concise communication of the data. Incorporates feedback from internal and external users regarding data dashboards and visualizations and applies these in an iterative process to refine and improve data dissemination tools.
- Creates custom data reports for a variety of users. Executes recommendations for data aggregation, analysis, and reporting. Provides technical assistance to IDPH staff on data visualization tools and methods. Assists with data analysis and reporting projects as requested and assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college in public health, biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, data analytics or a closely related area.
- Requires at least three years of experience conducting data analysis and creating data visualizations.
- Research experience, familiarity with one or more public health datasets, and experience with statistical modeling of longitudinal data are preferred.
- Requires strong data analysis skills and proficiency in SAS.
- Requires strong knowledge of MSSQL query, procedures, and views.
- Experience with Python data manipulation is preferred.
- Requires proficiency using data visualization software including Tableau and ArcGIS.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in teams and with multiple stakeholders.