Industry Statistics and Research Manager
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the U.S. recreational boating industry’s leading trade association, is looking for a dynamic Industry Statistics and Research Manager in a high visibility role to manage and grow the Association’s market intelligence program. From kayaks to megayachts, we represent the companies that make all types of boats and the marine gear and gadgets that go in them and on them.
Representing more than 1,500 member companies, our vision is to make boating a preferred choice of recreation through robust programs that advocate for and expand the boating market. From certifying boats to a standard of excellence and advocating for recreational boating on Capitol Hill, to promoting the boating lifestyle to the general public (through a consumer campaign called Discover Boating) and generating research and statistics that help the industry make informed business decisions, NMMA serves the recreational boating industry across numerous critical touch points. In addition, we are the largest producer of boat shows in the U.S., creating more than 20 boat shows each year from coast-to-coast.
The Industry Statistics and Research Manager will report to the Director of Industry Statistics and Research, work in the Association’s downtown Chicago headquarters and be responsible for overseeing programs from conception through execution including:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow the manufacturer data collection program to produce timely and relevant insights to the user base.
- Quality-check data and content prior to publication.
- Work with Creative teams and other departments to ensure projects are running on time.
- Source, prep, and analyze data and research to identify underlying trends in the recreational boating industry and meet needs of customers and colleagues.
- Develop strategies that streamline and enhance the projects managed.
- Support the Director of Industry Statistics and Research in all data and research projects.
- Minimum five years of combined analyst and project management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Practiced attention to detail.
- Expert in Access, Excel, Power BI preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Gets excited about data and research and how it can benefit an organization.
- Comfort interacting with executives and senior management at client firms.
- Familiarity with recreational boating or associations preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Finance or Economics.
As a member of our crew, you will receive a competitive salary; full benefits including 401K (with excellent match,) cash balance plan (pension), Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life and AD&D. Some travel may be required. If you are an outstanding Industry Statistics and Research Manager with a solid background, we want you to come aboard!