Human Resources Manager
This company is a precision metal stamper that manufacturers have partnered with for more than 75 years. The companies family's competitive nature drives our continual investment in machinery, technology, and people. They specialize in complete turnkey manufacturing packages including engineering, prototypes, tool construction, and wire/EDM.
The Human Resources Manager position will be filled by a dynamic individual who is willing to take a leading role as a member of our executive team. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver who has the ability to communicate effectively and to provide mentoring and coaching to our supervisory staff and front line employees. A background in compliance, training and safety is a must. ADP payroll system knowledge is highly desirable. An understanding of ISO is a huge plus. This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to use their knowledge of employment law, safety and training, and best practices in HR. In addition to day to day tasks including payroll, documentation management, assisting employees and advising the supervisory staff, our Human Resources Manager, will focus on the Key Objectives outlined below.
Key Objective 1 – Compliance & Benefits
• Ensures company is compliant in all areas of human resource state, federal and local law. Review and recommend changes to current practices and policy.
• Administers Affirmative Action compliance. Ensures applicant flow data is maintained; completes annual review and updates plan; submits annual EEO and VETS reporting.
• Utilizes E-Verify system for all newly hired employees; coordinates with sales team to ensure first and second tier OFCCP requirements are met and documented.
• Directs and participates in employee relations functions such as dispute resolution, discipline, communications and reward practices; works to ensure positive morale environment.
• Administers benefit programs. Assists employees in finding answers, provides census information to broker, conducts open enrollment. Arranges employee meetings with 401 (k) provider; provides information for annual testing and 5500 reporting. Explains various benefits to employees; recommends benefit programs to management.
Key Objective 2 – Talent Management
• Works with senior management to define long-term talent strategy and succession plans. Takes an active role in understanding business issues and developing HR plans to support the needs of the business; facilitates organizational and individual discussions with management and staff.
• Designs, develops and implements short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure appropriate placements are made on a continual basis.
• Acts as liaison to staffing agency in finding and placing short-term and long-term temporary employees.
• Acts as recruiting agent. Develops and places ads, conducts screening and interviews, places and on-boards new employees.
• Manages employee retention by assessing skills, implementing appropriate training and providing career paths where possible, conducting employee surveys, recommending enrichment to management.
Key Objective 3 – Safety
• Plans, facilitates and leads safety committee meetings. Develops agenda, takes minutes; follows up on action items.
• Reviews and updates written programs including auditing compliance for LOTO, HazCom, Fire Prevention, PPE assessment and others as required.
• Coordinates safety training including developing curriculum, finding trainers, scheduling presentations and keeping records.
• Acts as record keeper for all OSHA and safety related documentation.
• Works with Workers' Compensation Insurance provider to manage W/C claims.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a HR management position in a manufacturing environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• A proven leader with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of staff
• Expert level software skills including ADP, Microsoft Office Suite
• Understanding of ISO – background as auditor helpful
• Ability to work all assigned hours
• Ability to carry out all daily responsibilities and key objectives listed above
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business is preferred and a minimum of 5 years of HR management experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Those with a PHR or SPHR certification will be given preference as will individuals who are bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Only those who can provide solid references for integrity and confidentiality should apply.
If you have a proven track record in HR management in a manufacturing environment; have experience in talent acquisition and training and have a solid understanding of employment law compliance including safety we want to talk with you.
As part of our hiring process, we conduct drug and alcohol testing. As part of our onboarding process, we utilize the E-Verify system.
Benefits – Paid vacation and holidays; tuition reimbursement, retirement savings options, direct deposit, group health, prescription and life insurance; supplemental insurance options are available.