Human Resources Generalist
Are you an experienced HR professional looking for an opportunity to work for an established and growing family-owned business? USM ReRents is the leading aerial & construction equipment rerental company in the US seeks a Human Resource professional with experience in recruiting, benefits, employee evaluations, compensation plan design and compliance reporting to the CFO/COO.
The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Identify and clarify all hiring specifications with hiring managers, present accurate and detailed job descriptions and implement action plans to maximize candidate sourcing
- Review all candidate applications, conduct initial phone screens as a first step of the interview process and schedule subsequent interviews accordingly
- Solicit and collect interviewer feedback and manage the offer process
- Revamp the company’s new hire onboarding and training programs – Coordinated more thoroughly with IT and other departments regarding the on-boarding process.
- Follow up reviews for the first 90 days with all new hires regularly to ensure they succeed in their new role
- Track employee attendance
- Review company benefit package annually with the Management Team.
- Manage open enrollment and benefit administration throughout the year.
- Make sure that COBRA payments are received on a timely basis each month.
- Maintain all ACA compliance with PayMaster (payroll provider), running reports on a quarterly basis.
- Running reports, and gathering information as needed for auditing purposes
- Works closely with accounting department to supply them with specific information pertaining to Payroll, STD, and LTD.
- Oversees the entire on-boarding process.
- Conduct exit interviews, complete separation agreements, send termination notices.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, industry trends, best practices and applicable laws regarding recruitment of candidates and employees
- Reconcile monthly benefit bills, submitting spreadsheets to accounting for prompt payment.
- Work closely with insurance broker in regards new hires, and terminations
- In charge of all Workmen’s Compensation, FMLA. STD & LTD claims
- Maintain all employee records in accordance with federal guidelines
- In charge of all unemployment claims. Follow up with paperwork and also appeals.
- Maintain confidentiality, establish trust and credibility
- Nurture a positive working environment in an effort to change the culture
- Keeping up to date on all Federal laws and regulations
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills
- Recommend changes to improve processes and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience within HR
- High energy, self-motivated with a high level of integrity.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player with sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Outlook
This position provides a competitive salary based on experience with bonus potential at the discretion of management and owner.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full Time
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).
drop us a line
Need help with hiring? Turns out, we'd love to help. Contact us below.
If you're looking for a new job, check out the job openings for our clients here.