Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
Manager, Help Desk
Business Unit / Location
Provide technical assistance and support to employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communication: Deliver exceptional customer service including a passion to go above and beyond user expectations. Communicate effectively with users gathering necessary information to resolve and/or facilitate resolution of a wide range of IT issues. Liaise with other IT team members on application and system issues.
- IT Support: Open, monitor and resolve tickets in a timely fashion, meeting or exceeding defined service levels while providing quality solutions. Document all actions and solutions within help desk tickets and update the technical details within operational procedures as appropriate. Ensure customer satisfaction, including taking ownership of open tickets and ensuring incidents are fully resolved.
- Answer and resolve first (basic) and second (intermediate) level inquiries regarding software and hardware, copiers, phone system, credit/ debit machines, and mobile devices (cellular phone & tablet) via phone, email and in-person during regular office hours and rotating on an on-call, 24/7 basis.
- Set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade hardware (computers, peripherals, telephones, credit/debit machines, mobile devices, etc.), software (Office 365, point of sale, telephone system, etc.) and networks (mobile device to servers).
- Set up and manage user accounts in network ensuring appropriate access and security.
- Document inquiries and requests thoroughly in the IT ticketing system.
- Administer hardware (computer & peripherals), copier, and mobile device inventory.
- Assist with meetings and events set-up and take down as it relates to IT equipment and software as necessary.
- Setup Cisco VoIP phones and video conferencing equipment based on Lync server and Tandberg Video Server.
- Write user documentation and training manuals
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of previous help desk or related experience
- Proven knowledge of basic hardware and software including familiarity with Windows 10, Mac OS, MS Office Suite (O365).
- Solid understanding and experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with use common ticketing systems: ServiceNow
- Experience supporting Xerox and HP printers.
- Experience with audio/video systems.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM an asset
- Knowledge of various remote-control applications, TeamViewer, WebEx, join.me, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize, manage time effectively, and multitask.
- Knowledge of networking and wiring, PBX Telephone system, and MS Server end would be considered an asset
- Able to lift and carry IT hardware
- Regularly available to be on-call
- Possess a “can do” attitude and believes anything is possible with the right focus.
- Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
- High intensity team player who thrives in a fast paced, high intensity, dynamic environment.
- Constantly questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results.
- Open (no agendas), honest and trustworthy.
- Results oriented individual with a desire to manage change through to fruition.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial.
- Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong stakeholder management focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications.