Help Desk Engineer
Our client, a managed services provider in the northwest suburbs, is looking for a Help Desk Engineer. This individual will be responsible for providing day-to*-day helpdesk support to our clients. This can involve internet, server, application and infrastructure troubleshooting. Most of the ticket volume is handled by the helpdesk team through inbound alerts, emails, or phone calls. Engineers will be responsible for managing tickets from start to finish, even if escalation is required to another team or outside vendor. The ideal candidate should have a broad range of IT experience as well as client facing experience to solve end user focused issues and/or questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day support for our client and their end users which includes both general support and moves, additions, and changes.
- Work with clients to provide walk through to assist in troubleshooting.
- Ticket management.
- Vendor Liaison services working with IT manufacturers for end user support.
- Manage communications and client expectations around escalated technical and business impact issues.
- Establish internal relationships with your peers to ensure best possible outcomes and solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Passionate and driven to provide the best IT partner relationship experience.
- Professional IT Certifications with vendors such as Microsoft, Apple, and/or CompTIA are desirable.
- 2+ years of experience of technical support.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of IT ecosphere and how a LAN/WAN functions to aide in root cause analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written with strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
This is a full-time, salaried role in a fast-paced environment.