Help Desk Engineer
The Helpdesk position provides support to users of all information technology systems. This position handles PC hardware/Printers/software builds, upgrades and issues. Also is responsible for day to day administrative functions of local computer systems including printers, copiers and devices. Also responsible for coordinating the escalation and resolution of problems with other Information Technology staff members.
- First line support to customers (Phone, email, ticket)
- Escalate to level 2 and assist techs if needed.
- Recommend and spec out PC and accessory hardware as required
- Install and maintain PC patches / firmware
- Notify management if there is a discrepancy in software licenses.
- Install, maintain and support third party applications (Escalate if needed)
- Maintain antivirus (All devices, cloud)
- Monitor daily / nightly backups (VMs, Storage, Cloud / On Premise)
- Maintain AD, Create Exchange accounts and distribution groups
- Maintain Print servers / printers
- Assist users with Office 365, Dynamics, phone system, PC, printers and network usage
- Document solutions – Create a Knowledgebase
- Monitoring servers, etc. (PRTG, etc.)
- Call service companies if needed (Copier, Toner, ISP, etc.)
- Maintain company cell phones
- Assist in maintaining the VOIP system
- Ships devices to users or support vendors and tracks shipment progress.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of IT equipment
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills and the ability to problem solve, multitask, and prioritize.
- Two to three years related experience with desktops and servers preferred
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft domains, user security and groups
- Experience with O365 a must
- Working knowledge of spam filters and antivirus (PC)