Fund Accountant, Absolute Return Strategies
Working with our Finance team, the individual in this position will be responsible for performing fund accounting and analysis functions for investment partnerships and accounts managed by the Firm.
The firm manages over $25 billion in and has been investing in these strategies since 1975. Our scale and breadth of activity affords us a comprehensive lens on the market and a discerning view of investment opportunities. The team, comprised of over 50 investment professionals, invests in more than 170 funds covering credit, equities, relative value, macro, commodities, and multi-strategy investments.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Perform the day-to-day accounting for investment partnerships and accounts managed.
- Analyze internal and external data sources to create client deliverables.
- Liaise between the Firm and underlying managers/administrators.
- Responsible for the calculation and accurate reporting of underlying manager performance
- Assist in preparation of financial statement audits and regulatory compliance reporting for the various partnerships and companies.
- Complete preparation and analytical review of weekly and monthly fund performance and investor reporting.
- Support investment and client service personnel on ad-hoc requests.
- Complete general accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance with outstanding academic credentials; applicable coursework or internship in the field of investments or financial markets.
- 2 – 5 years of experience working for a financial services firm or top-tier accounting firm, with specialization in investment partnerships, hedge fund of funds, mutual funds or private equity.
- Accounting experience in managing hedge funds preferred.
- Experience with spreadsheets, general ledger and portfolio software required.
- Technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks.
- Sound judgement and logical reasoning.
- Exposure to financial reporting, auditing and tax.
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).
drop us a line
Need help with hiring? Turns out, we'd love to help. Contact us below.
If you're looking for a new job, check out the job openings for our clients here.