Firm is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst position to be based at our corporate headquarters in Chicago. This is a high impact role at a fast growing, venture backed company offering exposure to leadership up to and including the Founder / CEO.
The ideal candidate is one who eager to find a rewarding environment, a multitude of opportunities for growth and learning, and the opportunity to help shape the future of Firm.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with the monthly financial analysis with an emphasis on identifying trends, variances, and opportunities for improved profitability; communicate all results to Division Vice Presidents and the Executive team
- Support with the preparation and presentation of monthly P&L review meetings with Division Vice Presidents and other key stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and other senior managers to assist and learn the procedures for the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting process including: maintenance of various models and templates and leading budget meetings with division leaders
- Develop reports to assist in financial analysis, drive margin improvement, and solve mysteries. Report buildout will include use of SQL & Tableau, but existing knowledge is not a requirement. Firm will provide training: This is a great opportunity to learn a highly in demand skill.
- Prepare, improve and automate various reporting including but not limited to: Firm’s monthly management package, quarterly board deck, and investor package
- Assist in maintenance of Firm’s investor model in support of venture capital raise / other transactions
- Work in collaboration with the Accounting and Finance Department to assist with month end close tasks as needed
- Aid in the development or modification of various financial models to assess the viability of new business lines or other proposed business initiatives
- Other duties as assigned. Firm is an all-hands-on-deck, fast changing business!
What You Should Already Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role or field including: corporate finance, data science / business analytics, consulting, investment banking / private equity
- Thorough understanding of core finance and accounting principles. Demonstrable academic curiosity and/or achievement in this area is a plus
- MS Excel Skills including: usage of data lookups, validation techniques and analysis debugging
- Desire and acumen to learn Tableau report writing and SQL (Firm will provide training. Prior experience not required)
- Pro-active self-starter with a history of seeing projects through to completion and managing assigned tasks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on accuracy and brevity
- Firm is a venture-backed, growth-stage company. This makes for a more fun, rewarding, and intellectually stimulating work environment but can also lead to challenging work and shifting priorities at times. The successful candidate will be unusually motivated, have a strong work-ethic and possess a can-do, whatever it takes, attitude.
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).