Vice President of Delivery Services
Established in 1989, Peritius Consulting is a Management Consulting firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. We are a unique firm that focuses on strategic initiative delivery and outcome management. We provide our clients the advisory expertise that enables and drives their execution of highly visible organizational programs and projects, while they continue to focus on operational priorities and core competencies. We distinguish our firm with our talent, practical approach and speed to action. Our client mission is to enable corporations and government entities to realize their vital organizational objectives through quality delivery services.
We value our employees and offer unique opportunities to participate in and benefit from our growth.
The Quality Manager, at Peritius Consulting, is a manager of the firm’s consulting resources and undertakes the overall responsibility for delivery excellence. This role liaises with client sponsors, stakeholders, and consultants to understand and orchestrate the engagement and work products according to Peritius Consulting delivery standards and in concert with the SOW objectives. The Quality Manager role requires an astute ability to foster relationships (both internal and external), strong written and oral communication skills, excellent organization and deep people management skill and experience. The Quality Manager is required to have the skill and flexibility to balance engagement management with engagement delivery – the Quality Manager may be required to deliver (i.e., be billable up to 100%) to backfill for and/or supplement engagement resources.
The Quality Manager monitors the engagement delivery of consultants at one or more clients for Peritius. This role requires the Quality Manager to be on site, at their client(s), a minimum of 4 days per week. This role requires a willingness to commute within the greater Chicagoland area. Although Peritius has a local delivery model, some outside travel may be necessary. The Quality Manager reports to the Vice President of Delivery Services.
The Quality Manager is responsible for identifying and brokering growth opportunities within existing client(s) to help grow Peritius, increase the Peritius brand and presence over time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that quality delivery processes are established, implemented and maintained
- Ensure alignment between customer requirements and engagement(s) agreement
- Liaise with client stakeholders on project delivery performance and any need for improvement
- Ensure that all Peritius team members are inducted into the requirements of the Peritius delivery methodology and standards of excellence
- Ensure that Peritius Consulting quality standards are effectively deployed and executed in project delivery and, where appropriate, ensure that evidence of corrective preventive actions are taken, recorded and reviewed
- Coordinate continual improvements of the Peritius delivery model and standards of excellence are executed
- Establish themselves as a trusted advisor to their client base, by understanding the customer’s strategic vision and current challenges and offering guidance and support, outside the work currently in progress
- Maintain on-going relationships with their customers during and after the successful completion of a client engagement.
- Take on an account – for a solid client with one (1) resource, grow the Peritius presence to 2 – 3 resources through expanded or new engagement(s)
- Attend / participate in periodic conferences and or events to market the Peritius brand and service offerings
- People Management Experience – 7 – 10 years of operational/people management
- Demonstrated ability managing project managers
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of employees within the organization
- Client Interaction / Relationship Build Experience – Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience with direct client facing interaction, engagement leadership
- Ability to formulate engagement agreements
- Ability to plan and budget engagements
- Ability to identify opportunities and grow accounts
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Project Management / Delivery Experience - At least ten (10) years project management experience with demonstrated proficiency in project delivery framework
- High level of organization and time management skills, energy, and drive
- Quick study and demonstrated ability to think outside of the box
- Experience managing large, diverse projects and teams
- Experience dealing with 3rd party suppliers / providers within a client environment
- Grounding in functional and technical issues as well as strong business acumen
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage good working relationships throughout Peritius to achieve desired objectives
- Demonstrated ability to handle information in a professional and confidential manner
- Demonstrated self-starter and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Discern the difference between coaching and managing and determine when to use each technique
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and use problem solving techniques to support the consultants in supporting our consultants and the client
- Experience managing senior level professionals
- Must deliver difficult messages
- Focused on doing the right thing for the client
- College Degree
- PgMP or PMP certification
- Technical orientation
- Consulting & corporate experience
- Organization / operation management