Director of Supply Chain
About Rand McNally
Rand McNally provides innovative fleet management and commercial transportation solutions, connected vehicle technology, and GX6 our integrated Fleet Management Platform. We are a leading fleet management company with a large base of SaaS fleet management subscriptions and a suite of fleet management SaaS products and services for all types and sizes of fleets. Rand McNally is poised to dramatically grow the Company’s business through rapid expansion of core product lines and continued innovation of commercial transportation solutions ranging from advanced mileage and routing software to fleet management, electronic tracking, and fleet navigation.
The Director, Supply Chain will be responsible for designing and implementing the supply chain management and production control strategy that supports and meets company strategy. In addition, this role will focus on company performance objectives, customer expectations, including managing all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving, warehousing, logistics and distribution.
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management infrastructure
- Implement a best in class purchasing and control system which ensures component and finished goods availability
- Determine the appropriate metrics to be captured and reported for supply chain performance
- Maintenance and accuracy of data for all supply chain related metrics
- Responsible for all production planning and scheduling
- Manage inventory planning levels, safety stock and inventory accuracy for component parts and finished goods across Rand McNally’s portfolio of platforms
- Responsible for evaluation and selection of all vendor sources, with a focus on quality, delivery and cost
- Collaboration with sales team to ensure adequate and accurate sales forecast
- Develop operating policies and procedures that directly affect production planning, inventory planning, vendor selection, return on investment, or profit margins and unit goals and objectives
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills)
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year University in Supply Chain, Operations Management or similar course of study with a minimum of four years production control/supply chain management experience.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
· Highly motivated self starter who is also a top-notch team player
· This position requires a dependable, flexible individual with effective problem solving skills who can handle multiple projects under extremely tight deadlines
- Uses sound judgment
- Objective in approach
- Seeks alternative courses of action
- Acts despite lack of complete information
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).
drop us a line
Need help with hiring? Turns out, we'd love to help. Contact us below.
If you're looking for a new job, check out the job openings for our clients here.