Director – Network Engineering & Operations
Director – Network Engineering & Operations
The Director, Network Engineering & Operations will be responsible for leadership of our global network engineering and operations spanning multiple data centers and global telecommunications supporting worldwide internet hosting services, offices, manufacturing, and production facilities. This individual will head a team of highly skilled engineers as well as manage and collaborate with service providers, vendors and our partners that support global network and security operations. The Director of Network Engineering & Operations will collaborate with Information Technology peers as well as other business leaders to understand business and technology drivers for the company’s enterprise network infrastructure.
This position will require an intimate understanding of the telecommunications budget and will be involved in making decision to ensure the overall cost effectiveness for the organization. The successful candidate will also be engaged in setting up of the strategic direction in the implementation of effective technology solutions meeting service levels agreements that assure up time and reliability for all network and security related hardware and software throughout the enterprise. This individual must have a proven track record of troubleshooting complex network projects in a global setting, compiling project schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, facilitating conflict resolution and clearly communicating effectively to stakeholders through the incident, problem and project lifecycles. A strong background in network data and voice infrastructure technology deployment and service delivery is essential to be successful in this position. This position will also require the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of current and emerging networking technology products and services to take us to the next level in meeting and advancing business and financial goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor the strategic plan for the global network architecture, including network architecture, engineering and operations.
- Develop, and lead all the aspects of the Network Engineering, Telephony & Operations budget in accordance with our financial practices.
- Lead, develop, mentor and coach a team of network and telecommunication engineers.
- Manage staff performance evaluation, salary and bonus reviews, and career growth planning.
- Responsible for the overall performance and availability of network. Analyze network and recommend upgrades/changes.
- Consults and collaborate with the various IT and business organizations to develop network technology solutions.
- Identifies, plans, leads, and implements LAN, WAN, Telephony, and other infrastructure projects. Projects include coordinating the configuring, designing and troubleshooting multi-vendor network devices, cabling systems, intelligent hubs, bridges, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN (client & net-to-net), PBX, unified communications, network acceleration devices and other network related instrumentation.
- Consults and collaborates with the company’s Technology Platform leadership and other business unit leaders to determine and implement the network technology infrastructure supporting the corporation.
- Consults and collaborates with IT Security and Governance regarding Network Security architecture, data privacy, SOX 404, AT101 SOC, and other regulatory compliance commitments.
- Provides Problem Management coordination by interacting with network engineers as well as other technology support personnel to help solve Global enterprise level LAN, WAN and Internet problems.
- Maintains effective network operations plans, processes and procedures. Creates implements and turns over enterprise network standards documentation to network operations.
- Ensure the global network environment is resilient through disciplined Network Engineering practices.
- Ensures availability targets are defined and achieved.
- Define, implement, and effectively manage a comprehensive Network Monitoring strategy ensuring appropriate operational visibility across global our network.
- Partners with outside vendors to resolve problems or issues, as well as access products and service capabilities.
- Collaborates with internal clients to assess information technology needs and expectations, researches networking requirements, evaluates network technologies, hardware and software, and prepares detailed architectural and installation plans.
- Ensures LAN, WAN, Voice and Internet infrastructure projects and services are aligned with that of corporate initiatives, including various other Infrastructure Groups, Application Groups, and IT Governance team.
- Prepares status reports and keeps management, clients and others informed of project status and any related issues. Develop performance metrics and measurement techniques for network related services.
- Manages telecommunication vendor relationship partnerships to facilitate the ongoing, growth, development of the enterprise.
- Works on other projects and duties as assigned by IT Infrastructure leadership.
Warrenville, Illinois, United States