Director, Customer Success
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're excited to share that financial services startup, Affirm is setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams. Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by partnering with top companies to offer responsible financial products at the point of sale. Working jointly with our clients, Affirm co-develops and executes on joint partnerships strategies to innovate and grow their businesses.
Affirm is committed to building lasting partnerships with online merchants for long term growth and ongoing revenue generation. As a Director of Customer Success, you will own the account teams for several enterprise merchants to drive usage of the Affirm platform for increased adoption and growth. The Director of Customer Success position is a high-profile customer-facing role requiring outstanding relationship management and program management skills to guide merchants successfully from deployment to operationalization.
This role reports to our Senior Director of Enterprise Accounts and it is based in our Chicago office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise merchant accounts to foster strategic, long-term business relationships
- Identify the strategic priorities for the portfolio and then prioritize, forecast, and enable execution
- Provide thought leadership and executive escalation with clients to promote key client relationships and growth initiatives
- Drive and measure key performance metrics such as volume trends, upsells, at risk activities, pipeline management, and the overall health of the portfolio
- Oversee commercial discussions, escalations, and strategic decisioning
- Collaborate and strategize with other leaders in the Sales, Product, Credit, and Marketing teams to foster a high performing Sales team and innovate our offerings
- Manage up to 3 client success managers as we scale/grow the business
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree with 12-15+ years of managing complex enterprise organizations
- 2-3 years of managing account teams and individual contributors
- Experience managing broad account portfolios, negotiating commercials, and scaling teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects with a high attention to detail
- Experience in the retail industry, working for or with enterprise-level retailers
- Excellent analytical abilities
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer.