Data Integration Specialist
Data Integration Specialist
Under the general direction of the Informatics Section Chief, provides subject matter expertise on data integration solutions and data architecture to advance specific healthcare quality and public health priorities.
Applies data management best practices in combination with data technology to implement the public health architecture vision. Designs and maintains processes and integration tools for the public health data collection. Develops and implements data integration solutions. Researches and recommends technologies and strategies to enhance healthcare quality data and other targeted public health data. Builds and maintains strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
Develops and implements data integration solutions. Performs data imports and other routine data integration tasks. Provides HL7 interface /data integration development, maintenance support and troubleshooting. Designs, develops, and maintains ETL processes from various data sources into MSSQL data warehouse and the Tableau Server platform using Python. Extracts, transforms, and integrates multiple datasets. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of data processing and quality of the data. Creates and maintains up-to-date documentation for each data solution.
Applies data management best practices in combination with data technology to implement the public health architecture vision. Organizes data at the macro and micro levels and maintains master data. Supports continued development and expansion of the IDPH Data Hub for aggregation of additional public health datasets. Creates data models and diagrams showing key data entities. Creates an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
Researches and recommends technologies and strategies to enhance healthcare quality data and other specified public health data. Builds expertise in common and emerging interoperability standards such as Health Level Seven International (HL7) V2.x, V3, IHE profile, Clinical Document Architecture (CDA), CCD, JSON and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), along with hands on web-based technologies like XML processing, SOAP, REST, JSON, web services.
Builds and maintains strong collaborations with IDPH data stewards. Consults with data stewards and other staff to define requirements of data-related projects that rely on data integration solutions. Interacts with different stakeholders to efficiently and clearly interpret business requirement specifications into detailed data mappings. Identifies data items through research, analysis, profiling, data mining, and data discovery of the source data. Coordinates and works with other technical staff to sync various database environments.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college in public health, computer science, engineering, or a related area.
- Requires strong analytical skills and at least four years of experience developing data integration solutions.
- Requires experience with HL7 standard, HL7 interface engines, ETL design, development, architecture and implementing data warehouse data marts.
- Requires proficiency with data manipulation, data integration design and development.
- Experience with MIRTH connect and query APIs using JSON or XML is preferred.
- Familiarity with one or more public health datasets is preferred.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in teams and with multiple stakeholders.