The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing modern data platforms that meet business objectives. This involves identifying data opportunities, developing end-to-end data solutions, and working with internal and external teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Lead and mentor a team of data engineers to develop cloud data solutions using a combination of technologies.
- Take technical ownership of all solutions designed and developed as part of end-to-end data solutions.
- Lead technical work streams in a Scrum/Agile software engineering practice focused on delivery.
- Engage with analysts, analytics, and project teams early on to frame use cases and identify data challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and establish best practice design patterns and development processes.
- Develop and establish DevOps best practice and work closely with hosting and infrastructure teams to implement best practices.
- Engage in hands-on development of data models, ingestion pipelines, and analytics datasets for batch and streaming data.
- Document technical implementation details and artifacts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the technology stack and demonstrate initiative and ownership of deliverables during development, testing, and post-production phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Data Engineering and 10+ years in Information Technology.
- Experience building batch and stream pipelines on Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with diverse ways of storing and processing data (file vs SQL vs NO-SQL, batch vs streaming, stateful vs stateless).
- Experience with relevant technology stacks such as Azure, Apache Airflow, Blob, Azure Data Lake, Talend, Azure Streaming, Spark, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server, Power BI, Domo, or similar analytic tools.
- Experience modeling and building data warehouses for analytics consumption.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, proven team player, and team builder.
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).