Cloud Infrastructure Architect/Lead
Cloud Infrastructure Architect/Lead
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for creating an infrastructure technology roadmap, which will serve as the future vision and project pipeline for the infrastructure department. The Infrastructure Architect is forward thinking and technical enough to discuss, research, design and implement infrastructure technologies. Most importantly, he or she must have an understanding of cloud architecture and automation. The Infrastructure Architect is expected to do research as needed and understand the various areas of technology to help drive decisions forward. He or she must partner with other technology engineers and leads and discussion technology decisions with Software Engineering, Product Management and IT Security. Additionally, the Infrastructure Architect will ensure our technology decisions and designs scale with changing business needs and modern technology developments. This individual will have direct leadership over a small team of senior to middle level resources and is expected to lead through example while helping to develop solutions. Lastly, the Infrastructure Architect will work with professional services organizations to design and implement vendor solutions as well.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Ability to design and architect infrastructure environment & platform to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
- Establish working relationships with business members, technical staff, and subject matter experts to help create and execute the infrastructure roadmap.
- Correspond with IT executives and stake holders to create and execute the infrastructure roadmap.
- Forward thinking on technology and innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on automating our infrastructure and technology solutions.
- Evolve PaaS implementations, working with vendor solutions and cloud services.
- Actively participate in monitoring, troubleshooting and RCA for security and infrastructure events.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- Provide leadership, assistance and technical guidance to the Infrastructure engineering team.
- Negotiate with IT and business stakeholders.
- Facilitate and manage discussions with IT Executives and Senior Engineers.
- Collaborate with security team on architect design and tools.
- Provide governance of our Infrastructure as a service environment.
- Stay current on overall IT strategy, business goals, technology trends, updates, and releases.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred.
- 8+ years of infrastructure and operations experience in a technical role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery, network security architecture and engineering.
- Cloud platform experience with AWS, Azure, Intune and Okta.
- Experience Office 365 (Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure, Azure Active Directory, and ADFS).
- Familiar or experience with Agile methodologies.
- Network architecture design and documentation.
- Experience with telephony and security appliances.
- Experience with Windows networks and Active Directory
- EA Frameworks experience with TOGAF, Zachman, FEA and Gartner is a plus.
- Enjoys working in the technology field and has a good general understanding of how technology works in various areas.
- Good communication skills and highly self-motivated.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being a part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative individual who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to take initiative with discretion and judgment.