Based in our Cambridge office you will be part of the team building software applications to support BrightSign’s range of digital signage media players. The successful candidate will be capable of taking ownership of a problem and seeing it through to resolution, and be able to translate customer requirements into a complete implementation. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential.
The target architecture is a complex platform with a mix of open-source and proprietary components. Tasks can include everything from high level OO design to low-level device driver and kernel programming. Hardware understanding is useful. Knowledge of real-time engineering, performance optimisation and thread-safe design are important. Experience of object-oriented programming is required.
The team workflow includes code review, continuous integration and automated test, to which all members contribute.
- C++ (including contemporary standards)
- Video encoding/decoding/streaming
- Embedded Linux, particularly OpenEmbedded/Yocto
- Willingness to learn
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of software engineering principles and practice.
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Autonomous and independent
- Creative and innovative approach
- Interest in new technology areas and ongoing professional development
- BA/BSc in a relevant discipline or 5+ years of relevant industry experience
Apply for this position